Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Vegan Virgin

So today is the first vegan day. I have gone sugar free for the first two days, and now I'm getting totally vegan.

So today for breakfast I ate a smoothie that was 1 cup soy milk, mangos and strawberries. Very gross! I forgot to add a sweetner--- so used to drinking with yogurt and orange juice-- so there is no need for sweetner. But welcome to a more healthy way.

I had to part with eggs today, this would not necessarily be my choice but the 21 day detox requires no meat or meat by products.

How will I get protein-- well, the soy milk and peanut butter sandwhich snack and the black beans in lunch should be sufficient.

I feel fine, though I had dreams that the chocolate bar in front of me was unwrapping itself... don't worry, I made it put its clothes back on.

Happy Trails,

SB

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha! no candy at the mentoring meetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharla,
    It's Amanda from Cake and carrots. Thanks for posting on my blog...and best of luck to you on your detox!
    As for protein, quinoa is a grain that's a complete protein. And lots of beans, nuts, seeds...
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMIGOSH .. girl I just laughed out loud when you talked about the candy bar dream!! Keshia was like "what are you laughing at?"

    back on topic: I would like to see a sample of your meal plan, I'm very interested. :)

    ReplyDelete