Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Introduction

Hello all!

I am beginning my 21 day detox and I would like to share my journey with the world. My detox is basically an abstinence program--- I will abstain from refined sugars, fried foods, meats, animal products and caffinee. You ask, then, what will I eat? I'll eat fruits, vegetables, nuts, whole grains, and soy products if I can get my hands on them.

I 've never done anything like this before. I'm nervous about failing. But think about how many great things we have never done because we are afraid to begin. So here we go. welcome to my journey.

3 comments:

  1. Sharla,

    Good luck on your journey. I hope you reach a new understanding of yourself and learn a ton. Keep up the great work. I'll be watching.

    Max

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be afraid of failing! Remember the progress you've made, don't look at the big picture. Take it one day at a time. I'm proud that you have made this choice! What led you to make this decision?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Max! I appreciate the feedback.

    Felicia- hmm... what led me? I'm not sure. My friend Trish is also doing it and does 4x a year told me about how its so good for you. I want to cleanse my body and have more energy and break my sugar dependency, and I felt I couldn't do that without going to the extreme of health, ya know? So I'm doing this 21 day detox, which basically includes no bad stuff-- I'll post a sample of my food schedule for you.

    So yeah I believe in good health, so I guess its time to put my $ where my mouth is. :)

    ReplyDelete